It has been prophesized for weeks now, but it is finally here. A rollback method for RC8 users who want root. This method is a full device flash that will roll you back to RC7 which still has the root bug. After doing this you can then follow the instructions on Rooting Android and then Keeping Root to get yourself up to RC8 modified version that lets you keep root.
Instructions from Disconnects site (gotontheinter.net):
- Format the SD card to FAT32 mode (this is sometimes needed. image not always found if other files are on the sd card)
- Copy image file DREAMIMG.nbh to the SD card
- Turn the device power off and insert SD card
- Hold Camera button, and press Power button to entry Boot loader mode
- Press Power button to start upgrade procedure
- After finish, perform the soft reset to reboot.