DudeOfLife is by far my favorite rom developer, he has optimized the hell out of Android for the Dream and made it pretty too. This is a classic reason why I love my G1 so much, the ability to enjoy custom compiled roms from the development community with direct feedback from the open-source community.
- dalvik virtual machine from Ion, and used cyanogens kernel
- Updated weather widget.
- Added code to update script to remove old weatherwidget and data
- Recompiled to andriod 1.5r
- replaced some librarie's and providers
- Added Meltus V2 and Bluetooth Fix
- /data/ partition stuff
- Sms Delivery report's
- Switched to cyanogens boot for improved kernel/aufs apps2sd method (till i get my kernel worked out with aufs )
- Modified a2sd script to mount auto but not automatically convert to ext3
- Created tune2ext3 script that converts your ext2 partition to ext3
- New a2sd script from marcus/cyanogen that fixes permissions and doesn't have any issues with installing applications, lack of free space.
- Louderv4 from Meltus
- Updated libhtc_ril (from hero, should make latitude happy)
- Hero port theme with green status bars and hero animations (no rosie)
- Waiting for new services.jar update with headphone fix...
- Moved 3rd party apps / dev apps to separate update.
- working on a new recovery img that has apps2sd support for pushing data updates to sd card and setting up apps2sd or converting partitons.
- created odex files and removed classes.dex from system apps (won't fit on original spl...working on it..)
- dalvikvm from ION (reported speed increases same as Ion phones)
- Added Amazon mp3 from ION (thanks to disconnect for getting ion out so quickly)
- Added "Louder" AudioPara CSV files by Meltus
- Added IM Application (AIM, Yahoo, MSN)
- Updated Kernel from JF1.51
- added noatime to mount options for ext2 partition
- Updated theme from Manup
- White analog clock from Stericson (Full build only)
- Full time Charging lockscreen from stericson (themed by manup) (full build only)
- Latest a2sd script from marcus (should eliminate no space errors)
- Multitouch browser and kernel
- 5 Home screens w/o custom Home app
- Launcher in portrait mode has 5 x 4 icons
- Launcher in landscape mode has 6x3 icons
- Single update, no more this build or that build.
- MarcusMaximus' Super Easy apps2sd method ready. Just create partition, copy files and smile. or use his app http://www.cyrket.com/package/com.appstosd2
- Tethering works. I suggest anetshrare: http://android.a0soft.com/?url=aNetShare.htm
- Build optimized with JF's build environment.
- Headset button bugfix by lalochz
- Built in theme by manup
- Market works. - Paid, Protected, and Free apps can download/install
- Google Sync (Contacts, Calendar, Gmail) from ADP1.5
- Latest kernel from JesusFreke
- Haykuro's excellent ramdisk with some modifications to allow htc developed apps
- Possible 72 Locales (I'm going to start weeding out the bad ones by 1.0, but I'd prefer to get language packs from you guys )
- Google VK (HTC VK possible to be installed as a 3rd party app)
- Browser Works, zoom etc
- Working Gtalk (No other IMs, but there's an app for that ) (I have the standard IM app if anyone wants to take a crack at making it work)
- Teeter from HTC
- Wifi and Wifi Location Services working
- HTC QuickOffice
- Busybox with symlinks to many apps in /system/xbin/bb/
- Superuser / root abilities by zinx
- Email from ADP1.5
- GPS / Location Services enabled
- Camera/Video Recording
- YouTube HQ and Video Uploading
- Terminal emulator from JesusFreke compiling one for you guys soon
Download Dudes 1.3b11 Rom to /sdcard
First upgrade your spl if you already have not:
Rename spl-signed.zip to update.zip
put on root of sd
ALT-W to wipe (optional)
Then ALT-S to flash
Then Reboot to Recovery, press ALT-X then enter to enter terminal
mv update.zip spl-signed.zip
mv dudes13b8.zip update.zip
ALT-S to Flash, the first boot is pretty slow so be prepared to wait 20 mins or so.
Rom Developer: DudeOfLife